Sam Randazzo Resigned
His connections to run so deep it may have led to the FBI raid of his home.
Randazzo is a former anti-clean energy lobbyist and lawyer with ties to FirstEnergy is making Ohio’s energy decisions.
How is Sam Randazzo going to oversee energy issues at the PUCO in a fair and ethical way with an FBI investigation ongoing?
- Sam Randazzo’s company was on FirstEnergy Solution’s payroll. He owns a company called Sustainability Funding Alliance of Ohio which turned up in First Energy Solutions’ bankruptcy filings as a company used by them for professional services.
- Former Speaker Larry Householder, now indicted in a $61 million bribery scandal involving FirstEnergy, put Sam Randazzo’s long-time business partner on the PUCO Nominating Council just before Randazzo was nominated. Then, Randazzo gave his business partner a job at the PUCO.
- The chair of the PUCO Nominating Council who nominated Randazzo, Michael Koren, was a FirstEnergy and Boich Companies lobbyist.
Until his appointment by Governor Mike DeWine, Randazzo was an anti-clean energy lobbyist and lawyer fighting to destroy renewable energy in Ohio.
Why is he standing in the way of Ohio’s clean energy future? Could it be his FirstEnergy or Householder connections? Where there’s smoke there’s fire. And here is what he’s done so far:
- Effectively killed Ohio’s first offshore wind energy project that would have brought 500 good jobs, $253 Million in investment, and clean air to Ohioans, despite the fact that all of his staff’s technical experts supported approval of the project.
- Inexplicably delayed approval of large-scale solar projects, again, when even his own staff supported approval.
- Attacked the ability of Ohio’s utilities to save customers money and create jobs through voluntary programs to reduce energy waste.
It’s time Governor Mike DeWine stands up for Ohioans. It’s past time to weed out the corruption, and stand up to corporations that don’t pass the smell test. We must demand action!